10 Tips on how to use social media more effectively
All KC supporters are encourages to participate on social media platforms in a respectful, relevant way that protects your reputation and of course follows the letter and spirit of the law. Remember that potential employees will check out your social media activity to get an overview of your character by your comments and posts.
1. If you are going to say it, claim it! Use your real name and identity don’t hide behind a pseudo name or avatar.
2. Never represent yourself in a false or misleading way. All statements must be true and you must be able to substantiated your comments with factual evidence.
3. Post meaningful, respectful comments — in other words refrain from going off-topic or using offensive language and remarks. Words can be very hurtful to those that read them!
4. Use common sense and common courtesy – think before you post. Never post anything if you are angry or in an emotional state of mind.
5. Ask permission to publish or report on conversations, pictures of yourself or other people that are meant to be private. Make sure your content does not violate other’s privacy, confidentiality, and
6. When disagreeing with others’ opinions, keep it appropriate and polite – respect that people are entitles to their opinion and know that what you have to say will not necessary change their minds.
7. If you want to write about the competition, make sure you behave diplomatically, have the facts straight and that you have the appropriate permissions.
8. Please never comment on anything related to legal matters.
9. Never participate in Social Media when the topic being discussed may be considered a crisis situation. Even anonymous comments may be traced back to your IP address.
10. Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy and confidential information. What you publish is accessible by anyone and will be around for a very long time, so consider the content carefully.