TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Kaizer Chiefs Asambeni Makhosi Journey to the Final
Kaizer Chiefs (Pty) Ltd (“Kaizer Chiefs”) is running the Kaizer Chiefs Asambeni Makhosi: Journey to the Final Competition (the “Competition”) where Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom customers stand a chance of winning exclusive Kaizer Chiefs experiences, authentic Kaizer Chiefs merchandise, and suite match tickets.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom subscribers residing in South Africa only and runs from 09h00 on 06 May 2019 to 23h59 on closing date per competition stated in clause 2 below (the “End Date”) for each event.
- Qualifying Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom subscribers stand a chance to win one of the following prizes (the “Reward Prizes”):
Kaizer Chiefs Journey to the Final – See point 44 below
- Qualifying entrants for all available Kaizer Chiefs Experiences will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Competition when – Signing up on the Kaizer Chiefs Experiences USSD string
- Completing their details in the information box;
- Submitting their entry form by completing the session and consenting to future marketing engagement;
- The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older.
- Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom subscribers that have won a Kaizer Chiefs Experience in the preceding 6 months do not qualify to win any of the above experiences until that 6 months have lapped.
- The Winners will be randomly selected by means of a random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Qualifying entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Competition as a valid Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom customer once the entry requirements in clause 3 above has been met.
- The Winners of the Competition will be informed of where and how to accept their prize. The Winners should be reachable, using the cell phone number provided to participate in the Competition, for a period of 48 hours after the randomised draw.
- This Competition is exclusive to active Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom subscribers.
- All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the Winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Kaizer Chiefs’ obligations regarding the Competition shall terminate. Kaizer Chiefs will advise of arrangements in respect of the Prize at the time of contacting the selected Winners.
- Notwithstanding the fact the Prize vests in the Winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the dates stipulated in clause 7 above, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the Winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited.
- Each qualifying submission as stipulated in clause 3 above constitutes one (1) entry into the Competition. Only one submission is allowed per Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom customer.
- Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential Winners.
- Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
- The selected Winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Kaizer Chiefs) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
- The selected Winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active Vodacom SIM card.
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
- All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by Kaizer Chiefs for running the Competition and additional marketing campaigning by the club and it’s approved Third party partners.
- Kaizer Chiefs (“Kaizer Chiefs”) will use reasonable efforts to contact the Winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Kaizer Chiefs shall attempt to contact the Winner as stipulated in clause 7 in these Terms and Conditions.
- Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the Prize will be forfeited. Kaizer Chiefs reserves the right to then award the Prize to the next selected entrant.
- The claim for a Prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the Winner will forfeit the Prize and such prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
- If a Winner cannot accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, such prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant. The Prizes may not be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Kaizer Chiefs reserves the right to withhold any Prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the Winner is valid.
- Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
- Kaizer Chiefs shall request each Winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Kaizer Chiefs in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after having been announced as a Winner. Any Winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Kaizer Chiefs.
- No prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the Prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Kaizer Chiefs’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- User data collected via the Competition will be used for additional Kaizer Chiefs marketing purposes.
- Kaizer Chiefs reserves the right to send any Winner home at any time should either the behaviour or language of such Winner, at the discretion of Kaizer Chiefs, be deemed inappropriate. Inappropriate behaviour or language is inclusive of, but not limited to racial, gender, cultural, or religious offence.
- Employees, directors and agents of Kaizer Chiefs and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Kaizer Chiefs.
- Kaizer Chiefs is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
- Kaizer Chiefs shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the Winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
- Kaizer Chiefs, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Competition or for any loss or damage, death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
- In addition, neither Kaizer Chiefs nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
- If Kaizer Chiefs is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of, or as a whole, the Competition or to terminate the Competition as a result of changes in legislation, or for any other reason whatsoever, Kaizer Chiefs will have the right to terminate the Competition with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Kaizer Chiefs and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- If as a result of any event outside the control of Kaizer Chiefs for any other reason whatsoever, including but not limited to conduct or an omission by a third party supplier, contractor or sponsor, Kaizer Chiefs is required to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition, or terminate the Competition as a whole, Kaizer Chiefs will have the right to alter and/or terminate the Competition, including the prizes offered in the Competition, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Kaizer Chiefs and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- Kaizer Chiefs may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Kaizer Chiefs is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify the participant that they are rejected.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Kaizer Chiefs (Pty) Ltd (“Kaizer Chiefs”) is running the Kaizer Chiefs Asambeni Makhosi: Journey to the Final Competition (“the Competition”) on USSD *130*877*5232#
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
The Competition is open to Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom subscribers in South Africa and runs from 09h00 on 06 May 2019 to 23h59 on 12 May 2019 (“end date).
For the period stipulated in clause 1 above, Six (15) lucky entrants stand a chance of winning two (2) spots on the Kaizer Chiefs Journey to the Final roadtrip, to Durban leaving from the Kaizer Chiefs Village in Naturena on 16 May 2019.
- Kaizer Chiefs Vodacom customers will be prompted to dial the free USSD number *130*877*5232#
- Select option 1 to Enter the Kaizer Chiefs Roadtrip for 2 to Durban
- Enter your personal details on the string.
- Complete the session by accepting the terms and conditions, and consent to further marketing engagement from Kaizer Chiefs in order to be eligible to win a reward.
The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
Friends who accompany winners to the event must also be 18 years or older due to the nature of the prize.
The Grand Prize includes the following:
- 3 nights accommodation in Durban
- Official Kaizer Chiefs merchandise
- 2 VIP match tickets to the Nedbank Final
- Spend time with some of your favorite Kaizer Chiefs players
- The prize excludes the following:
- Travel to and from the Kaizer Chiefs Village in Naturena, 05 Lena Road, Lenaron, Naturena.
- Meals outside of the agreed upon itinerary, all expenses of a personal nature, such as non-essential transport, non-scheduled sightseeing, laundry, telephone calls, gratuities, items from the mini-bar fridge, room service and any other costs not specifically included in the prize description.
- Any other costs incurred by the Prize winner in entering or claiming the prize.
- Any medical vaccinations if required
The Grand Prize winner and his / her friend must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit and a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date of international travel, as stipulated in clause 5(a) above. The expiry date for passports must not be earlier than 1 January 2020.
The Grand Prize winner and his / her elected friend must be available to travel between 16 May 2019 (date of departure) and 19 May 2019 (date of return), as stipulated in clause 5(a) above. Should the Grand Prize winner not be available to utilize the prize during this period, he / she will forfeit the prize and Kaizer Chiefs may in the exercise of its discretion nominate another winner.
The Grand Prize winner will not be allowed to make changes/request changes to reservations for accommodation, hotels or airline services made by Kaizer Chiefs. Should the Grand Prize winner wish to extend his / her trip either prior to or after the arranged tour will be allowed to do so, however, all costs related to any changes will be for the Grand Prize winner’s account. Changes will only be permitted on the basis that the Grand Prize winner and his/her partner attend the tour as determined by Kaizer Chiefs. No changes will be permitted during the travel period. In the event that the Grand Prize winner or his/her partner has to leave the trip while still on tour for whatsoever reason, the Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all costs involved related to any changes that need to be made.
Kaizer Chiefs will share the personal details of the Grand Prize winner and his / her friend, such as name, surname, email, ID number and contact number (local & international travel) passport number, residential address, bank statements (international travel) with a Kaizer Chiefs approved agency in order to make travel arrangements for the Grand Prize Winner and his / her friend and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment.
Travel arrangements, accommodation and flight reservations and application for Visas (if required) include disclosing winners personal detail such as name, surname, ID number, contact number, passport number, residential address and bank statements to the relevant countries’ embassy, travel and tour operators (local or abroad) and hotels (local or abroad) and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment. The Grand Prize Winner and his / her friend will be informed of the specific details of travel and tour operators, airlines and hotels when they are notified that they have won. Kaizer Chiefs will also provide an itinerary.
Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by Kaizer Chiefs for the purpose of running the Competition.
The Prize winners, as stipulated in clause 2 above, will also be randomly selected after the end date of the Competition, as stipulated in clause 1 above, from a list of entrants who meet all the requirements stipulated in these Terms and Conditions. All winners will be notified within 2 (two) days after the end date.
Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
Participants are allowed to enter only once, and will only qualify to win one of the prize packages listed in clause 3 above.
The winners must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Kaizer Chiefs, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.